Friday, July 31, 2009

EDSA REVOLUTION '86: I WAS THERE!

CONDOLENCES TO ALL FILIPINOS WORLDWIDE of losing a mother of the NEW PHILIPPINE REPUBLIC. EDSA REVOLUTION 1986 was hosted by HON. CORAZON C. AQUINO at the time when the peoples power bind and joined hands together to bring out the present democracy we are enjoying now.Lucky as I always said to my three young teenagers that I am one among millions of peoples joined the EDSA revolutions.

I was there in that February 25-26, 1986.YES! I WAS THERE! I was in my last semester in MLQU ,university just nearby Malacanang Palace of February 22 when most of my batch mate invited me to joined them to walked but I refused.I don't have any idea that time what was going on outside. I'm busy to my work during day time and schooling at early night time.Hundreds of college students that are all men and we are few women inside the room.Sometimes I'm the only woman in one classroom and all was from a groups of doing boycotts . I'm afraid joining the packed of boycotter but I'm always around in few distance.February 23 when I decided to walk through my work in Cubao area but I was surprised when I'm standing at Munoz Market waiting for a bus ride. No passenger vehicles, all private cars announcing "Let us joined hands , Come with us for FREE ride to Ortigas!" I'm still decided to report for my work .But on my mind I need to go in nearby where are those points I've seen on tv news. I'm so curios and my work was just a walking distance from the back of Camp Aguinaldo fronting Camp Crame.So.. I choose cars packed with young's and women's.Take note I'm alone went there most of my neighbors was afraid they just watched on tv news. Cubao area was already crowded when we arrived so we walked up to Ortigas. Along the way peoples in different groups cheering, singing, dancing, sharing food and giving water to all peoples around and the most wonderful scene was when I ask one groups.THEY DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER and THEY ARE ENJOYING! They didn't bother to asked one another where came from so I stayed with them also.

My brother and my husband , they are very best friends, after their drinking spree at late night start looking where I am. They already worried but there is no way to locate for finding me. All streets around the area and all peoples are outside their respective houses.The next morning they went to Sto. Domingo church by foot in a shortcut way from Frisco, Quezon City.The Pantranco up to Roces Avenue cor Quezon Blvd are also crowded with armoured tanks and military men , nuns and priests.A long and long, long story to be told.....and the last I could say is.......

"THANK YOU MRS. CORAZON C. AQUINO , I'LL NEVER NEVER LET YOU GO AWAY ON MY HEART and on my MIND, MAY YOU REST in PEACE now."

1 comments:

Clarissa August 3, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

Let's pray for her soul..May she rest in peace..

Photo Effects