Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DRIED FISH FROM HOME

Last week I received a hand carry package thru our neighbor that went vacation to her family in the Philippines.Hubby sent me my favorite "burliss" dried fish and films for their latest pictures.The digital cannon camera lens was broken so they are using now the oldest camera we had that need with this negative films .

Below are the favorite meals of my three young teenagers and hubby too.Everything that cooked with coconut milk are their good time meals. Served with plain rice on lunch even repeated on dinner time.

So...here is how I cooked it with vegetables and coconut milk.I put 1 big white onion, ginger, "batata"(sweet potato), papaya(grated yellowish), khatsil(eggplant), and garlic.I boiled half cooked all vegetables in coconut milk then put on top the burliss or any dried fish so that the fish will not turned into pieces.Sprinkled with salt and black pepper then served hot.

"burliss" is a fish pellet but we made it dry thru sunlight with a lot of salt to stay longer time to preserved. Wash with running water on your faucets before cooking.

7 comments:

Rechie July 7, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

ayy..ths is different, haven't tried this kind of cooking yet, but it look delicious, especially the dried fish.. hmm dried talaga ang pinakafavorite kong appetizers at pang-ulam na rin lalo na pag meron sukang maanghang..hmm kakagutom naman

Cacai M. July 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM  

It looks so yummy Tita Vhing! I thought the yellow ones are squash.. hehehe.. and what I did Tita Vhing if I cooked that one is that I don't put salt anymore because of the dried fish. Well I guess it just depends how much is the water part. And sweet potato too is my first time, I will try it next time. And ohhh you like burliss too, I like that too Tita Vhing! bakay is my fave and that's next.. yummm! am hungry now.. better eat and cook dried fish too! yummmy!

Lulu July 7, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

this is yummy!!!! when i cooked dried fish, i always soaked it in water for at least an hour before cooking.

Clarissa July 7, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

Ang sarap naman ng dried fish na yan,Madam!!Burliss pala ang tawag dyan--yummy!!!

Dhemz July 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

wow ka namit ani teVhing....so sweet naman ni hubby nagpadala pa ng bulad...ehheheh...:) may left over kapang dried fish jan te? hehehe..buto lang sakin oks na...ehhehe!

hopeful July 9, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

I love dried fish talaga. Masarap ang kain pag present yon. Ay Midnight na nagugutom na ako mglutluto ako ng dried fish bukas.

BTW Tvhing regarding sa sponsoredreviews uu they pay me already manually according to them. Try to get urs too sayang din nman kc pinaghirapan ntin un tapos mpunta lang sa wala.

Cecile July 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

nah, gigutom man ko dire uy, ngayo ko tvhing kung naa pa nabilin :-)

Photo Effects