Friday, August 7, 2009

ang RAMBUTAN bow!

"KAPAG may ITINANIM MERON ding AANIHIN"
(paki translate nga exactly mga kababayan ko - sa english ha?, please) "If you plant a seed you have to harvest soon" (di ko sure yan) is not just the saying but it was all true. The image is a rambutan fruit that I planted before I went abroad.Last month hubby sent me pictures of all trees bearing fruit in our backyard .In my location now they don't have this kind of fruit nor I seen it here or heard, so I just imagine the taste how it was during the season when I was home.

Rambutan has a hairy or leathery fruit skin with the sweet taste if it is ripe and ready to eat. Green color (on image) fruit skin outside if it is not yet ripe and yellow or ruby red if it is already ripe.The inside portion of that fruit was look like white gilatin (jelly) transparently wrapped around the seeds. If measured the amount we eat is smaller than the size of each seed.This fruit is popularity growing in South East Asia and to any tropical zone countries , it could be in rain forest area , in the backyard that become a scenery plant when bearing fruits and in low land areas that don't have constant water .It has different varities also, some are light red color and bloody red color too , there is yellow combination red color and light yellow color fruit.

I am happy even though I did not eat some during the season when hubby told that the first bearing fruit is for the kids to eat. It was a fruit festival for my three young teenagers.Norman and Rizah eat a lot compared to Yanyan because she is in Manila.Hubby has just sent her 5 kilos of lanzones and box of rambutan . Every morning Angkie(my adopted blue baby - now is okey, healed miraculously) is the first one picking up before they eat their breakfast.lol.Branches and trunks that full of fruits are already touches the grassy ground.

3 comments:

Lulu August 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

i love rambutan... i think the english of that kasabihan is "what you sow, is what you reap"

Dhemz August 9, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

my gosh...wala yan dito te....buti ka pa nag tanim bago umalis...dami naman bunga.....salap naman nito!

Rechie August 10, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

I love rambutan too..as in..i love it...gusto ko rin ung kulay red na red.. ang translation ko sa saying na yan te ay

"if there is planted, there is going to be harvested"

hehehe i can't remember the exact translation of that saying na...

Photo Effects